Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Need a title

Went out for a social last night, A Students for a Free Tibet social to be more specific. Twas excellent fun- we went to the Yak Yeti Yak, a restaurant I would recommend to anyone who wants to eat in Bath for whatever reason, then went and drank and were merry at the Pig and Fiddle. Actually going out, crazy huh?

All the guys were wearing lovely neat shirts, apart from me. In my defense, I had an Amnesty hoodie, which was moderately neat, and thats the best you're gonna get from me without promising me sex or denying me money. Or promising me money, I guess. So its the best you're gonna get without bribing or threatening me, essentially. I like comfortable clothing, and see nothing wrong in wearing it pretty much all the time. Unfortunately buisnesses apparently still mostly have people in shirts, so when I get into work I'll probably have to sort myself a bit. Thats why I'd like to work in a pressure group or summat, so then I could be all messy and poorly dressed, and people would go "hey, he's so committed!". Its the same with being a professor, you can look as crazy as you like, as long as you churn out those research papers, and at least act like you know what you're talking about, nobody really cares.

Work is finally coming in now, which is great news, as I do love to do it. Work, that is. Not too much so far, but with the next weekends being busy for me, with Adam coming to stay and me going home for my grandmothers birthday (80th, I think... dunno). Grah, I really don't think university should include work on its course, as thats clearly against some kind of principle somewhere. If everyone wants to claim we're sponging off the government, then thats what we should be doing: not earning it like some kind of crazy fool.

1 Comments:

At 7:35 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Where'd You get your amnesty hoodie, I've been looking for one for AGES! Contact me on catattycatcat@hotmail.co.uk PLLEEEASSSEEEEEE

x Cat

 

Post a Comment

<< Home