Sunday, February 13, 2005

Evil Dead 2

I will be the first to admit I did not enjoy Evil Dead in the slightest. I dunno, maybe I was too young when I watched it, but I did not find it particularly amusing, just badly made. And a little gross. Evil Dead 2 is a different story. Its an obvious spoof, partially of the original Evil Dead, partially of all horror films. As such, its absolutely hilarious ideally you should watch it in a group as I did. We only stumbled upon it last night as we were about to watch the Princess Bride, one of the best films ever, and noticed it on tv. So we watched, and were greatly amused, although Jeff fell asleep (man that guy can snooze. It took quite a bit to wake him- the slap with the magazine tactic proved greatly effective).

Along with being very amusing, its also slightly unpredictable. Certain events in the film do come as a genuine surprise. Not a frightening surprise, mind- it doesn't really scare that much (the only point I jumped was when Ben leaned round and yelled "boo!". Swine....), but certainly something you would not necessarily have predicted. The violence is obviously fake, which allows you to enjoy it (a mistake Final Destination made. I know its meant to be silly, but I don't like watching someone getting throttled. Call me crazy.....), without being too disturbed (although there are a few nasty moments). Heh, I've used a hell of a lot of brackets here.

I woke up an hour ago today. Thats right, 4:00. Well, this is the last time for a while (well, I suppose I could do the same next weekend..) that I will be able to do this. Which is a pity. Luckily our first lecture tomorrow is at 1:15 so we won't have to get up tooooo early, but its still gonna be a major shock to the system. Still, the first few lectures are generally gentle.

I discovered yesterday that I have to colllect my exam results from my personal tutor. This would be fine if I hadn't not seen my tutor since, well, may last year, having completely managed to avoid him. In my defense, he never did respond to my email asking to use him as a reference. I wouldn't have minded if it was to be in the negative, but he said nothing at all. Thats just plain rude. Oh well, just have to bite the bullet and do it. I'll mumble something apologetic and grab the results, and hope we dont have to "discuss" them.

Hmm, I suck at daydreams. You know when you imagine conversations with people you might have? Well ok, maybe you don't, but I occasionally do it. Its practice for that scary world outside, or something. I was wondering about how I was going to meet someone new, and was thinking about meeting someone at a club. The problem is is that I don't really like clubs that much and most people I would meet at a club wouldn't be the sort of person I would want to date. So I would have to find someone who wasn't enjoying themselves and had been dragged to the place. So I imagined the conversation would go like this....

"Hey... enjoying yourself?" (sarcastically)
"Heh, not really, my friends brought me along, I don't really like clubbing."
"Oh me too, I mean it might be alright if they played something other than this dreadful cheese."
"Oh I dunno, I really like cheese."

See what I did there? I made myself make a faux pass IN A DAYDREAM! Theres something wrong with me.....

2 Comments:

At 5:26 pm, Blogger Ben said...

Final Destination was hilarious, the bit where the computer blows up and she drags the knives on her. Oh how I laughed!
Boo! Hehe, that was great.

 
At 12:43 am, Blogger Mr K said...

heh, I thank thee for your comment. I don't suppose you know Will Tombs? He's doing natural science, in his second year too. He's a friend of mine from back home. Thinking about it, the odds ARE pretty low.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home