Saturday, February 05, 2005

exams are over!

Yay...... the last exam was yesterday. It did not go awesomely but who cares- the exams are finally done with, and an entire week of laziment awaits. We started well with the planned pub crawl, which covered a full 11 pubs. I actually didn't get that pissed (having some water (and vodka lemonade at the same time) to slow myself down a little). But yeah, that was a lot of fun, and Alex, the lucky chap, got to have some depressed guy tell him how he didnt make a difference. Although he seemed to be under the impression that we, a bunch o guys studying maths, a group of which half will, statistically speaking, end up working somewhere in the financial sector, were making a real difference. Mathematicians don't make a difference, they make money.

Ok, thats unfair, maths can be very useful, its just your average mathematics student is not going to be applying most of the knowledge they get in the degree, rather the skills they aquire along the way.

I found a fun little toy online , where you can make your own south park character . Try it out, its fun. A picture of me can be seen at http://photobucket.com/albums/v284/brokenheartedlaminar/th_me.jpg . My hairs a bit short in it though......

I've also started playing www.nationstates.net ,which is great fun- mold your own nation! check it out- I'm called Krark the Almighty if you're interested.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home