Saturday, January 29, 2005

America, Fuck Yeah!

Gary: "Okay, a limousine that can fly - now I HAVE seen everything."
Spottswoode: "Really? Have you seen a man eat his own head?"
Gary: "No..."
Spottswoode: "So then you haven't seen everything...and neither have we."

Team America: World Police is great. I know several on the left wing blogsphere have complained of its slightly right wing stance, but that doesn't stop it being the funniest movie I've seen in a long time. The songs are genius, the mockery of the puppet status of the characters is genius, the sly jabs at action genre films is genius, Kim Jong telling us how lonely he is is genius.....

A song saying that he misses a woman as much as he hates Pearl Harbour.....

Its very rude, delightfully offensive, and very funny. Along with the crude and obvious humour, Matt Stone and Trey Parker always throw in slyer, cleverer jokes that, if you understand the genre, are just hilarious. It has a vague political message that I don't fully agree with, to be fair, but thats more of a joke than a deep look at politics today.

If you've watched it and want to hear bits from it check out http://goyk.com/flash.asp?path=1084


I went shopping today. I hate shopping for food because I have to carry so much stuff. Orange juice is the bag breaker, normally- today I ended up carrying the orange juice in one arm and the rest of the shopping in the other all the way back. Then later on I had to go help Paul carry his shopping because HIS bags broke. Damn loser co-op bags.

My room is an utter tip right now- when revising I throw used sheets on the floor, and I get through a lot of paper, and it builds up. Sad thing is that its pretty full with paper now, but I've got a week of revision to do. Speaking of that, I have more to do. Revision, that is.

1 Comments:

At 6:14 pm, Blogger Ben said...

I agree. Maybe my favourite bit was "Ah Blix, you breaking my balls" lol.
How do they make evil dictators so adorable? Ahhh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home