Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Paul is a loser

Sigh, I am sometimes a remarkably foolish. This morning I was woken at 8:30 by my alarm, for a lecture I didn't have to go to, but one I could get a lift for. I immediately fell alseep. An hour later, my alarm went off again, for 9:30. 5 minutes later Toby arrived to take Paul to the lecture. Now, I could have got up, thrown on some clothing, brushed my teeth (always, always brush your teeth. If you don't your mouth will taste foul for pretty much the rest of the day. Which is not good), and got a lift down. But I decided that I wanted to have a bath and everything first. So I hit the snooze button. And again, and again, until 10 minutes before I had to leave. So I threw on my clothes and brushed my teeth and left to catch the bus.

Which, surprisingly, was on time, a bit of good fortune I really didn't deserve given my slovenly attitude this morning. I've started a new paragraph rather arbitarly, I've just realised....

So why not start another one? Anyways, I arrived on campus with 10 minutes until the lecture. It occured to me that I did not know where the lecture is, so I headed off to where the last lecture was and waited outside there for 5 minutes. No-one came out. It remained totally quiet. The logical conclusion was that they had finished early. OK, fine, I decided, I reckon I know where the lecture is. So I headed off to the room, and stood outside a completely empty lecture hall, playing backgammon on my phone for five more minutes, until I suddenly realised that, possibly, it wasn't in there.

I actually made the lecture on time. I really didn't deserve to.

Perhaps my punishment for this was later on when Toby and Alex(female Alex, or Falex for short), convince themselves to go to a problem class. I was lured by the temptation of some advance wars, so I came along despite my misgivings. And indeed, it was incredibly dull. Apart from some decent advance wars playing. Wooh!

Sorry for not posting yesterday, it slipped my mind. I'm not sure who I am apologising to, as my readership consists of, at most, 5 people. Wooh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home