Sunday, January 16, 2005

Sweet Zombie Jesus!

Ah, Futurama, you can blaspheme and be funny. Thinking about it, all good comedy shows should have blasphemy. Apart from gay guys. Hmm, that came out wrong. The problem with gay people in sitcoms is the tendency of the joke to be "ha ha, look, they are gay! This is not normal! Hilarity!". Which is why I have watched only ten minutes of Will and Grace. Spin City had a gay character, I think, and treated him like a normal human being, and was funny. Chasing Amy has a rather large amount of gay characters. So it can be done, but..... maybe I'm just railing against sitcom writers who don't know what funny is.

Went out last night, and had 4 whole pints of beer. Thats right, I'm living on the edge of insanity: lets hope I don't fall off. Good ol' Fred, who can't take his alchohol but drinks faster than us anyway had 7 pints, and was captain annoying. On the way back my friends decided they wanted food. Personally, while, when I am really drunk, I might eat something, normally I just want to get home, where there is also food. Especially considering Fred and Paul chose the hotdog stall. Hardly haute cuisine (unlike my normal haunt, the kebab shop round the corner!). But I got to steal chips, so I can't complain. Oh wait, I already did! BWA HA HA HA!

Watched Kiki's Delivery Service this evening. 'Tis a nice little film, which I would reccomend for some lite entertainment. Its sort of an animated version of Sabrina the Teenage Witch. But better. Not saying that Sabrina was bad. I've always had a soft spot for Sabrina- I even watched the TV movie "Sabrina goes to Paris" with its stereotypical english character (after Sabrina saying she can't eat sweets because her teeth will rot, her english friend remarks "Its alright for me: I'm English!"). Face it, its better than most kids tv. To be fair, I was about 16 when I was watching it, but thats hardly the point....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home