Sunday, January 16, 2005

Deep philosophy

Sigh. It turns out that vector calculus is incredibly hard. I choose to blame my failre in learning on my lecturer, and not upon playing advance wars in all my lectures.

God, imagine if I hadn't played advance wars in all those lectures.... my mind might be jammed up with mathematical knowledge rather than knowledge on how to defeat your opponent in a tight game of old Advance Wars. Not that I can beat Toby every time, the sly dog also learning things too. Honestly, whats the fun in playing an opponent who learns? Thats why I love AI, it tends not to. And thats why society will break down when people have all these learning AI's in games... sometimes I want the AI to be stupid. Especially in platformers. Imagine if that frog that you just jump on top of to kill, instead spun round with jaws open and swallowed you whole instead! What if the frog learnt how to use a weapon? Oh the horrific possibilities.

Some people get afraid of technology causing the end of the world. I get afraid of technology causing games to be too hard..... Go figure.

Its sometimes a little disturbing, how much maths I know. I'm actually rather good at maths, as long as I stick to lower levels. I could impress your average layperson no end with my mathematical knowledge. Assuming that I could find a layperson who gets impressed by my knowledge of maths. As far as I know, thats not a particular turn on for the ladies "Oh my god, you can prove that the sum of the natural numbers up to an arbitary number n is 1/2(n)(n+1) TWO different ways! Come with me, we must make love for hours upon end while you shout out sexy proofs!" Actually, I'm pretty sure theres pretty no obscure bit of knowledge that turns on your average woman. Apart from a fetishist, I guess. But I don't know any fetishits. At least, not any maths fetishist. I do have a record of one my friends saying (and I quote from my msn history), "oh dear, my boyfriend is a geek, a big, lovely, sexy geek!" but I suspect she is a freakish exception rather than the norm.

Thinking about it, i've never considered the implication of that "big" before. Euw, now I feel all unclean. MSN history is a great thing, because it allows you to bring up little things from years ago. Or a year if your laptop is about a year old. But anyway, its especially useful if you like to prove your point in an argument. I tried to use it against Paul earlier on but unfortunately I did not say what I undoubtedly said (damnit paul!) over msn. I did have an msn name implying it though.....

You can always tell when I'm not getting up to much of interest when I start rambling.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home