Friday, January 21, 2005

Ah, nostalgia

First things first, theres a new Eels album out in April! www.Eelstheband.com for the little news that has been released. I have to admit, i'm rather excited, being quite a large Eels fan. With a bit of luck they''ll do another tour with this album too. That'd be awesome. I was a tiny bit disappointed wth Shootenanny, which, while containing a few classic tunes, does not really hold together as an album like the others, and also the others all contained more really, really, good songs (Souljacker, sometimes scorned by other Eels fans, has some awesome tracks). According to a studio engineer (who obviously is a completely unbaised source of information), its gonna have an Electro Shock Blues feel, my favourite Eels album. But we shall see. 33 tracks, apparently.....

Second things second, I was trying to find this game Hunter for the Atari ST today. It was brilliant, and actually very innovative for its time (take out that moose with your tank, go swimming and drown from exhaustion, wonder into churches and shoot people, or do the damn mission. YOU decide!) but was unfortunately unpopular so exists in no form for me to play on (my atari having been worn out long ago). I attempted to find it at www.the-underdogs.org which has a handful of forgotten games (all legal) to play on, but unfortunately it was not to be. It did remind me of the excellent Rik Dangerous. You can download it if you want, but I will warn you that it is VERY hard and deeply unfair- as those old games that we like to pretend were awesome were. Still, worth a whallop.

Right, back to revision for now.

1 Comments:

At 6:10 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

whallop! that's the dolmio tickle tank!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home