Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Gotta catch em all

I never did catch 'em all. Those tricksy pokemon.

Yes, today is a busy one- I had an exam today, and I have an exam tomorrow. I'm sort of kind of ready, as long as he doesn't ask about...well half the course. On the positive side todays exam went well.

I'm currently clicking the "random question" button in the blogger profile bit... theres some messed up shit there.

"How tall would you be if you had never cut your fingernails? "
" That can't really be a fish you're standing on, can it? "
"Why does the color blue mean raspberry-flavored? "

I could go on, but I won't. What is this, whackiness for the humour-impaired? But I digress. Oh no I don't, cause I wasn't talking about anything interesting.

On the plus side, it seems like the Iraq elections were very well attended, with a fairly good turnout in the Sunni area. I still worry about the lack of representation there, but hopefully this is a bold positive move forward. As long as the coalition is as commited towards moving Iraq democracy and true independence as the people clearly are, then I can see things turning around. It could turn out that I was wrong, and in this case this would be a very good thing, although I suspect the collosal amounts of money poured into Iraq could have saved more lives if instead they had been devoted towards dealing with AIDS and poverty in Africa. I think we should remember this if Iraq does turn out to be a success, which it is of course not certain it will turn out to be right now, that this is a slow and inefficient impetous for change.

Still, as I say this is a very positive sign, and I hope the invasion of Iraq does turn out to be a positive thing for the world.

I've been playing on a lot of X-box live recently, and I've noticed some very odd trends. Some people, when they have lost a game, will start mocking the winners.... for winning. Honestly, a voice dripping in sarcasm said to a team member the other day "oh wow, you got 23 kills all on your own, how wonderful for you." The guy saying this had about 3 kills. Another time, after getting beaten, one guy said he should change his name to Kalaan killer (Paul's name online is Kalaan. Don't ask me why). He had killed Paul 5 times. Paul had killed him 10 times. This is one odd guy. He then "mocked" our British accents, by suggesting that we should have scones and tea......

I guess thats what happens when you play against 14 year old gamers.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home