Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Tawith wives and children

Good morning. Well, I suppose for normal human beings it would be afternoon, but seeing as I haven't got up before 12 in the past few days, this is now officialy morning.

Although I will have lunch. Thats mainly because I haven't had breakfast for soooo long. I have the same packet of cereal from the start of the year (which I eat from when I am absolutely desperate for food). Its probably very unhealthy to do that, but what the hey? Most of the time I wake up too late for breakfast to be that helpful- if I was to have breakfast now I would have to wait until 4 to have lunch. My insane flatmates have been known to do that- trying to make me get a big lunch at 4 in the afternoon, the freaks.

My habit of posting daily photos shall be quelled today, as the only new photos I have are in my camera, which is downstairs. So I shall write about something instead.

Huh.

Hmmm.

There is often political capital to be had in the suggestion that video games increase violence. By putting us into situations where the only solution is to kill, they say, they are encouraging the continuation of violence. Well... maybe so, but I suspect the reason these games exist is to sate our natual urge to violence. Exhibit A is the Sims. Known as the best selling game ever, this is a dull dull game. There is no goal, and the sims are frankly so moronic, with such simplistic AI, that seeing them change over time is an exercise in boredom. But everyone has played the sims, and most will agree on one thing. The best thing one can do in the sims is kill them. Starve them, drown them, or, as I did in one particularly inventive move, create a maze so long that they could not reach anywhere in time..... Exhibit B www.newgrounds.com . Now times have changed, and the site is now a place for terrible spoofs using bit graphics, but the way I discovered it, and I think most discovered it, was assasin. For the uninitiated, assasin was something that killed famous people, raging from britney spears to furby. Its pretty grade school humour, but when the internet was new that was all we had (well, ok, thats STILL mostly all it has anyways). OK, now I admit my two examples here involve killing annoying things. But then, I didn't think that killing was justified as long as someone was annoying.

Basically, we are violent bastards at heart, and its probably better for us to kill that damn moron in GTA than it is in real life....


Yeaaah, wisdom for the day.

1 Comments:

At 8:01 pm, Blogger Ben said...

I set my Sims on fire ahahahaa!
I don't know why, but there's few things more amusing than seeing someone on fire, especially in Max Payne - oh how I laughed.

*Just in case this is taken out of context - I am talking about a fictional someone rather than a real person you sick freaks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home