Friday, May 20, 2005

Star Wars

Actually, it was quite good. No, honestly, I quite enjoyed it. Its certainly the fourth best film. The fight scenes were a lot of fun. Yes, there wasn't the genius that was in the original trilogy, mainly because Lucas had to try and write a lot of non-action scenes, which he is really bad at doing. The scenes between Padme and Anakin were mostly painfully bad apart from some towards the end which betrayed some kinds of emotion. During one scene you could hear the entire cinema actually cringe.....

Still, some fun action, and I think the CGI looked a little better this time (perhaps I am getting used to it). I wasn't disappointed actually, I came out of this film having enjoyed myself, probably because the film ends really quite well.

Seriously though, I think Lucas has got addicted to clever self references. There are a STUPID amount in this film- not only in what the characters say, but also in some of their actual actions! It raised a smile most of the time, but it started to get silly when Yoda was telling Obi-Wan to search his feelings... possibly that wasn't deliberate, but meh.

Still, if you are expecting this to be absolutely awful, you might be pleasently surprised.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home