Saturday, May 14, 2005

Bowling!

I am now, officially, a bowling god. 104 points, and I beat everyone on my lane. Hah! Thats right, 5 other people cowered before my superior bowling skills!

And I was a bit drunk too (I was a LOT drunk later in the evening), so that makes me all the more awesome.

I bowl in a very odd style. Nicknamed the Grandpa by some friends when I first used it, it involves walking right up to the line, aiming very carefully, and then throwing. It only really works with a light ball, as they seem to be less affected by the random spin that I accidentally put on it.

Admittedly this is not an impresive style of bowling when everyone else is running up to the lane and hurling, but then they all got lower scores than I did, so I clearly rule.

As well as bowling, we went drinking, going to the Huntsman again (well, its a nice pub!), where we set up the tables in a ridiculous order so as to fit the large amounts of us that there were. I suggested that we go watch Cube after it shut, but my friends suck a little bit, and THEY were tired. Losers.

People also played slapsies. Which is an odd game, seeing as there is no win condition, other than the other person giving up because their hands hurt too much. Call me crazy, but I don't think of that as quality entertainment. I mean, sure, pain can be part of a game sometimes, but.... the sole point of it? I suppose theres the dodging part of the game too.

Of course, thats not quite as pointless as this electrocution game Laura(a friend from back home) brought to a party once. You and three friends put a finger into it, and then you press a button, and it gives one of you a mild electric shock. Thats IT. Whats up with that? What was odd was when I was mocked for not playing. I was called a "wuss." For not giving myself a 1 in 4 odd of getting shocked for absolutely no gain (apart from, perhaps, the gain of respect from drunken people, something I always secretly crave.)Maybe I'm just not hip enough for this.

1 Comments:

At 10:16 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

I hate bowling.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home