Friday, May 13, 2005

Drinking chess!

I lost my first game of drinking chess yesterday. That makes it 2-1 to me against Paul. To be honest, after an initial mistake that left me a piece behind, I sort of stopped trying very hard, and went crazy, in the "hey, I'll just check him!" kind of style that desperate players know and love. But meh, it meant I had to drink less of that foul, foul peach archers stuff.

I really shouldn't be doing shots. I am not one of natures downers, my bodies quite strong reaction is to retch, and I have to fight it to take any shot, especially ones as disgusting as... actually all shots are pretty bad, but if I had to choose i'd probably be shooting rum. Or maybe whisky. But, as I didn't want to get totally wasted, having to get up this morning after all, I decided something at the 20% margin would be appropriate. And Paul doesn't like Malibu, the swine, leaving archers (those being the only 20% drinks in existence. Actually true).

Anyways, we went out to town, to Babylon, where the music was alternative, and by altenrative I mean everyone hit their guitars and shouted, to produce music where, if you gouged out your ears first, you could dance too. So we left, and instead skulked in a pub, like a skulky thing. Anyways, I'm going bowling tonight! A fun packed weekend indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home