Monday, May 02, 2005

Immune system, don't fail me now

I am living in a house of flu. Both of my housemates have come down with in the last few days, Paul the worst (life determined to punish Paul for... uh....being tall I suppose). So far I have resisted, my immune system clearly being more robust (I'm not about to claim to be the most hygenic, as that would be a blatant lie), although my soup supplies have suffered a drop in supply as the foolhardy Fred and Paul had a lack (always, always have a stock of soup around the house. Easy to cook, nutritious, good for illness, practically the only thing you might force down with a stomach bug.... Soup is genius).

So yeah, fortune appears to have smiled on me in that aspect, so big up to an anthromorphic representation of the consequences of the laws of the universe. Incidentally, isn't christianity one of the most egotistical relgions around? God made man in his own image? Yeah right, you're an omnipotent super being and the form you choose to spend most of your time is that of MAN? I mean, if I was God, I'd go for the T-rex. Now theres some majesty, and some intimidation for the blasphemer. The Hindus have got that many armed elephant God, (Vishnu is it?), so good on them, as thats pretty big. Actually, I might take the form of a delicious vegetable curry, and then eat myself. I'm not sure if I was a being with all powers I would really need humans to entertain me. Maybe I'd have them as a side project, as I suppose its real neat to have worshipers, but generally cooking myself extravagent meals and enjoying them would be awesome.

Though, perhaps I am being unfair on christianity. A lot of religons are egotistical, and probably the non-egotistical ones are the exception rather than the rule. Although I'm saying this without full evidence. I haven't actually checked out every religon ever, as I imagine there are quite a few, especially if I include cults (but those do tend to involve worshipping the leader of the organisation, so yeah, pretty egotistical).

Incidentally, if I don't get the flu now, it will PROVE God does not exist. If I do, that'll just be meaningless coincidence, of course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home