Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Stuck in a moment

And you can't get out of it. You know, thats not so much a bother as it might sound to the layperson. Being stuck in a moment, I mean. Think about it, how long is a moment? And I don't mean one of your "scientific" or "mathematical" or "correct" definitions, I mean as long as you like. I'll be there in a moment can extend from a second to an hour. In theory, you should be able to extend it, to say, a day. And then if you can take it to a day, why not a week? And then a year, and soon you're not stuck in a moment anymore.

Honestly, if people asked me... all songs would be ruined.

So yes, on campus again, and bored, and a little anxious. My amazing talk to Amnesty on the manifesto is happening in twenty minutes or so, and I have not reaaaally put that much into researching it. But never mind, hopefully I will be forgiven by the nice fellows at amnesty. They're great like that.

To kill time, incidentally, and also so when I get home I can click on this link, check out something awful's comedy goldmine for today. People not being smooth, something I am expert in. I actually have an amusing anecdote involving my "friend" Toby, who spends a significant proportion of his life mocking me, so I feel I should pay him back (PS, arsenal are rubbish!)

See, we were at a party, and Toby was chatting to the ladies upstairs. He was being ultra smooth, and had two of them enraptured by his charms (or at least, in the way he tells it anyway). I head up to go to the toilet, and as I pass, saying hi to Toby, he instictively mocks me. The girls suddenly coo, "aww, don't be mean", and I head into the toilet. He's lost them. The fool.

Bwa ha ha ha.

Two men walk into a bar. The third one ducked......

I love awful chat up lines. I had a list of them, which I will link you when I get home and have access to them all (and remember). My favourite are the ones about heaven missing an angel. Not being one who hits upon girls on that manner (the creepy stare from across the room is SO much better), I have never had opportunity to use a line. Frankly, I don't think I could succeed in saying one with a straight face. Perhaps one day I will do a sponsored chat up, where I use a line per girl, going through pub after pub getting laughed at and slapped. OK, it'd have to be a damn worthy cause, thinking about it......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home