Monday, April 25, 2005

I'm feeling totally emo

I try and to sneak into as many cultures as I can. The indie culture, I have a shoe in. I know what being "emo" is, if you mention a band, I can either say "oh yeah, I've heard a few of their songs", or, alternatively, lie. The anime culture I have crept into (I'm gonna change nerd into various categories, because its really more diverse than one might think), and now know various random Japenese phrases, and how to use them appropriately (did you know that, in fact, everything is kawaii? Spray your catgirl!). I watch a lot of movies, so I can get many of those references. In fact, for spotting pop culture references, I rule. Literature? Rough knowledge. Art? I can struggle through. Video games? Don't mess with me! Politics? Oh yeah! AMERICAN politics? Yup, I can deal with those too.... Sports? Damn.....

Yup, when it comes to sports, I am suddenly left out. Bear in mind this is a deliberate choice. I dunno, I suspect if I got into them, sports could be interesting, but I've found the mindless competition, and also the amount of ferocity supporters to have discouraging. However, such a lack of knowledge does limit my amazing conversational repotoire.... perhaps its time to get into sports?

...Nah. But I thought about it, and now if anyone mentions sports, I can say "yeah, I thought about following sports, but then decided against it..."


infalgration. matlefat. biobies. gorpa.

Just seeing if I can get the number one hit on google for anything... wouldn't that be cool?

As you can tell, I haven't been getting up to much. Been playing that WoW game quite a bit, its rather addictive. Also been courseworking it. Having finished our modelling coursework, we now have stats coursework to do- a mathematicians work is never done.

As a result I'm preparing a speech for tomorrows Amnesty meeting now. If I had more time I'd have OHTs an stuff. But I don't.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home