Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Another post

I couldn't leave you with only just ONE post today, and that about an (admittedly awesome) webcomic. So you have another opportunity to read through my ramblings.

OK, what am I going to talk about? Well..... I have coursework due in on monday, which is a bit of a shock, as it actually involves working. Luckily, its working in a group, so I am not fully dependent on my brain, also luckily, they are all my friends, which means none of the implied awkwardness of working with a group of people you barely know (well, apart from Toby. I hate that Toby).

The down side is we are all equally stupid. Upon presenting our amazing equations to our tutor, he scoffed and scorned, and we had to rework them all. Damnit. Oh well, such is life, and we still have many more days to do it in. Tomorrow being the main one. I'm also going swimming tomorrow, which is making me wish I was getting my hair cut today, as, well, when I go swimming my hair has quite a tendency to get in my eyes, leaving me a comical figure as I usually have goggles on. I don't like swimming without goggles. I spend a large portion of all swimming underwater, and chlorine is nasty stuff, so its either swim blind (leading to oh so humorous collisions with other people and the walls), or wear sexy goggles. Its just occured to me that I may not have my goggles with me. Damn. Oh well, sexy collisions it is.

Apparently (at least, according to Rich, one of the four of the Krazy Koursework Krew), if you have glasses and bad hair you have an innate ability in mathematics. When he mentioned this, oddly everyone looked at me.... I wonder whether, when I get my hair cut, I will proportionally lose my powers. That would be a little bit disappointing, I must admit,as I need what little skill I have to blunder my way through the rest of the degree. There is now one module of which I understand absolutely nothing. I am holding on to the quaint belief that a quick read through the notes when I get time (which means a week before the exams) will clarify things, but I suspect it might be shattered when I actually look at my notes. Reimann integrability indeed.....

Having said that, just because I will have shorter hair does not mean it will necessairly be GOOD hair. Indeed, I suspect one of the reason my fellow students are pushing for this cut is in the time they have known me, they have never seen my hair particularly short. While it is not quite as bad short as it is long (and much less hassle to have), it does quickly grow into the "monk" style, which oddly has never caught on as a fashion icon. I have a vague hope that maybe I can spear head the movement, and then I will instantly turn into a lady magnet. Although, to be honest, a lady magnet would not be as good as it is touted to be. For one, you would find it very difficult to get anywhere with all these ladies stuck to you. Unless it only works in a sort of fridge magnet kind of way, in which case you will need a very small lady, and for her to be exceedingly close. All in all I don't think they thought through that particular metaphor.

2 Comments:

At 2:06 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

It will be like Sampson all over again..

 
At 3:40 pm, Blogger Imperium child said...

... I know what you mean, that Toby is a devil in humanish disguise.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home