Monday, April 18, 2005

Gay Paree

I wonder if I can do those little french accents on the e? Hmm, they have a special name, don't they? I haven't done French since I was 14, so I don't really remember much. I can count to 20, and maybe ask for a bill, but thats it. And also the only reason I know to ask for a bill is because I asked my Dad.

So, Paris. A very nice city. My impression, from the many places I visited in the few days that I spent there, is that it has a LOT of stairs. Still, that could just be because I climbed the Eiffel Tower (screw elevators!), and also Sacre Ceour (Sacre Bleu!), and... well I walked a lot of places, and being unfit as I am (more on that later), I was quite tired. Also it involved getting up at such hours as 10 to 4, which is kind of the time I go to bed normally....

The main thing I noticed about Parisians in general is they are INSANE drivers. It seems the way one drives in Paris is to basically bully the other cars- the most aggresive driver always wins. Red lights are only for wusses (making crossing the road an exciting and rewarding experience- will you escape with your life this time?). Of course, topping the car drivers, are the motorcyclists. I'm pretty sure they never stop moving, to the point that they will DRIVE ON THE PAVEMENT to get through traffic.

All in all, I have no idea how pedestrians have a life expetency longer than a week in Paris. Although, I suppose most of the pedestrians are tourists, so maybe that explains it... all the locals drive everywhere.

My nails are hardcore. They have been growing very long, mainly because I have lost yet another nail clipper. I go through nail clippers like nobodies business, being able to lose them with uncanny accuracy, despite there not being many places to hide the damn things! Oh well. I borrowed Fred's smaller nail clippers to cut them, and found them unable to break through! Oh well, will just have to buy some more for my own.

Yes, finally, I have decided t fight laziness. As you may know, I am extremely lazy, but I have decided its time to actually be pro-active, and rather accept apathy, to at least attempt to fight it. So I am going swimming, and playing badminton, and actually working on my course, and getting up when my alarm goes off, and not snoozing for an hour. And, of course, I am getting my hair cut.

Yes, this saturday, my collosal, ridiculously long hair, will finally be shorn off. I might collect it all into a wig...... I will post photos, of course. Before and after......

Right, must be off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home