Thursday, April 14, 2005

Away

This weekend I am off to Paris, so I'm afraid you will miss out on several days of posts, including friday, which, statistics show, is my most popular blogging day.

To make up for this horrific lack of random, incessant opinions that I hurl at you endlessly, I am going to write a bumper long post. Just as soon as I think of something to write, that is.

You may have noticed that I have recently been failing to post a webcomic a day. This is not because I have ran out- far from it. Its actually because I have consitently forgotten to do it- I am unable to on campus, without my big list of bookmarks. In fact, I am powerless without my big list of bookmarks, which often irritates me while at university. With a lack of sound, I have to be able to find text only things to entertain me, and while I can always full back on things like the Brunching Shuttlecocks and Rinkworks, sometimes the mind yearns for more.

And when I see more, I tend to mean webcomics....

OK, so yeah, whats been happening to me recently? Welll.... not that much to be fully honest. I've been going to lectures- today I got up at the insanely early time of 8:30. Or rather, I was woken at 8:30 and got up at 9. Still, pretty good for me. Of course our plane tomorrow leaves at 7, so I will have to get up at some kind of hour that I would normally go to sleep at. Its probably a sin to get up that early. Good things I don't believe in God, as Dante's test will tell you.

The Dante's Inferno Test has sent you to the First Level of Hell - Limbo!
Here is how you matched up against all the levels:
LevelScore
Purgatory (Repenting Believers)Very Low
Level 1 - Limbo (Virtuous Non-Believers)Very High
Level 2 (Lustful)High
Level 3 (Gluttonous)Moderate
Level 4 (Prodigal and Avaricious)Very Low
Level 5 (Wrathful and Gloomy)Low
Level 6 - The City of Dis (Heretics)Very High
Level 7 (Violent)Moderate
Level 8- the Malebolge (Fraudulent, Malicious, Panderers)Moderate
Level 9 - Cocytus (Treacherous)Moderate

Take the Dante's Inferno Hell Test

I'm sure you've all seen that before, but I'd like to point out that I was THIS close to being a heretic. Lucky escape there. From a hell made up by Dante, that is.

Its actually interesting how a lot of christian stuff (well some) has been created much later. The Bible is actually very low on its details about Satan, although it does detail hell to some extent. Satan and his back story was mostly created later on by various writers, for reasons that I honestly do not know- possibly to make christianity more exciting- a battle between good and evil. I think the study of religon, from the view of a non-believer, can actually be very interesting. And now, I'm sure you do, after that random litle snip bit of the study of God!

The Da Vinci Code, however, manages to get it all wrong. Honestly. Its a great book, and deserves to be a bestseller, but its amazing just how much misinformation he manages to pack into one book. For more you would have to read the Rough Guide to the Da Vinci Code, which these days tends to sit next to it in most bookshops, because book sellers aren't stupid.

He also wrote an earlier book (Dan Brown, this is), called Angels and Demons. I reccomend it to anyone with a knowledge of A-level physics or higher, because the physics in it is SO rubbish. Its absolutely hilarious, honestly.

I've started reading the Princess Bride now, which is really rather good. Just finished Enders Children, which I know some people curse, but I think it is actually better than Xenocide, the third of the Ender Saga. The best are the first two though, Ender's Game and Speaker of the Dead, which I would really, really reccomend.

Anyway, I'm sorry if this is more rambly than usual, I'm distracted. Also- double figures on the counter- huzzah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home