Wednesday, April 27, 2005

NERVES!

I don't deal to well with nerves. I can manage to make myself nervous about any particular event if I over think it. Speeches, meetings, lectures, leaving the front door. The worst part of it is my hands. Thing is about my hands, is they have a natural tendency to shake (young parkinson's or something). Many people (at least 2..) have asked me if (or why) I'm nervous when I am not at all. Thats how much my hands shake normally. So imagine how bad they are, when, say I have to do a speech in front of the whole group. Now imagine if I have a piece of paper in my hands.... unbloody readable. Its quite frustrasting, as while my hands might shake, I normally have a very good control over my voice, and can normally be interestin' enough, but obviously if I can't read what I'm saying the overall effect is somewhat spoilt.

This leads to me having to learn my speech (or at least most of it) before doing it. But meh, I can deal, and the final effect is great. Well, as it can be anyways. Theres probably some method to reduce nerves- imaginging the audience naked probably wouldn't work, as often theres my friends out there, and I don't want to see them naked. Actually, in general I don't want to see naked men- its not particularly something I strive for in life. Thinking about it, that is the ONLY technique I have heard to reduce nerves. Picture the audience naked. Why is this? Are there no other techniques? Or maybe the naked technique is incredibly effective; i have never actually tried if after all. Perhaps next time I will give it a shot. Hmm, watch out, speech receivers, you will be naked!

Of course, the technique could backfire if you imagined everyone naked, and they actually were naked, because you had walked into a nudist conference (I'm sure they have one), and started giving a speech talking about the evils of nudism (prepared for the anti-nudist brigade (I'm sure they have one (ooh, double brackets (ooh, triple brackets (Ooh, I've now made this sentance unreadable))))), and they mobbed and killed you. That would be a blow.

Been being virtous today. Coursework doing, swimming, exactly the same as last week actually. Aren't you proud? You should be. Course, I did play on WoW for 2 and a half hours, but... uh that was necessary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home