Saturday, April 30, 2005

I've been to a marvelous party

Stayed up to 7 last night. Uh, in the morning. The other way would be rubbish. And unlikely. I don't think I've fallen asleep before midnight since..... jeeze, I honestly can't remember. A damn long time anyways.

But yeah, went to a marvelous party last night, where there was much rejoicing and drinking. Impressively, from an entire night, I can't think of any memorable anecdotes. Oh, memorable things happened, but not things you'd be remotely interested in. We did have an intriguing debate about religon, politics and love at Alex and Rich's house from 4-7, in which we concluded, as Rich said, that we don't know the answers.

But... yeah. I have often said, and many people have said, wouldn't be awesome to have a groundhog day like power. So you could just reset your life to a certain point and play it out again and again until you got it right. And we have sat and said, wow, that would be awesome. But to be fair, if you are going to claim power of such a ridiculou extent, you might as well say "wouldn't it be awesome to have a genie to grant your every wish". Its kind of a silly question. Of course it would be awesome, its quite a bizzare wish actually.

Although I do remember wishing I had force powers before. Which, to be honest, wouldn't be THAT useful. Oh sure, I would be able to lift things without moving.... but as skills go.. not that great. I could use it to annoy people, certainly, and it might come in useful in a fight, but I don't want to fight anyone ANYWAY. Its hardly a power which would let me achieve ANY of my goals in life, modest as they are. Unless you could entertain the ladies with force juggling. I suppose you could use your jedi mind tricks, but those only work on weak minded fools.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home