Thursday, May 19, 2005

Dun Dun Dun Dun Dun Dun Dun Dun Dun

You know what, it really doesn't work with just Duns.... but imagine thats the Star Wars theme tune. Tonight is the night, I have booked tickets for 8:45, I think I'm gonna splash out and get some popcorn while I'm watching to make it the ultimate experience.

Honestly, I don't think I've ever been this excited about a film. Perhaps about the Phantom Menace, plausibly Matrix Reloaded (hmm, and look how THOSE turned out), but... eeee! The trilogy finally concludes. I've never gone into a film knowing so much about it as I do about this one (apart from adaptions of novels, and those don't really count). It actually can't live up to my expectations. It would have to be so awesome to do that it would cause dancing on the streets. Which would be so cool.

It always surprises me when I find someone who hasn't seen the original trilogy. I know they exist, but it feels like they were abused as children: surely one of the most important things a parent can do for their child is raise them on the proper films, and Star Wars is definitely one of them. Princess Bride is another, but not everyone has heard of its true majesty, so thats forgivable. Star Wars though, people need to watch it.

You can tell from reviews which people saw Star Wars late in life. Those who talk about the awful scripts for the original trilogy, about the cliche, about how Star Wars created the whole blockbuster mentality for hollywood, in their opinion ruining it forever, just DON'T GET THE POINT. Its freaking STAR WARS! It defined a generation! Its so ridiculously ingrained in popular culture that the only thing to remotely rival its grip on our conciousness is the Simpsons (and one of the best episodes was when they spoofed star wars).

I know, as I have said before, that I will be disappointed. Doubtlessly I will post so tomorrow. But for now, I shall bask.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home