Tuesday, May 24, 2005

I'm tired of the old shit

Let the new shit begin!

Saw the Eels! They were absolutely brilliant. I... 4 encores, awesome selection of songs played... great stuff.

It was quite a low key gig- mostly with strings and no electric guitars, which led to a more quiet mood. Well, except for one guy, who, every now and then, would scream WOO! It would always be a moment when I was least expecting it, and would scare the hell out of me. And there was the guy who sang along, but couldn't really sing, and sang LOUDER THAN E. And then there was the guy who kept asking his friend what the songs were called (poor friend).

But it was awesome. On the journey there I got to sit opposite a crazy person, who chose to serenade the tube carriage with his off key whistling, which was just beautiful. Hmm, they should have a special carriage for crazy people, where they could all freak each other out. Maybe they could take turns.....

On the way back, due to nothing being open at 11 at night (what IS the world coming to) I had nothing to do, so resorted to sending texts to a stupid amount of people, hoping for a reply (2 of them responded... but to be fair it was 12 a that point). After that I downloaded tetris, which kept me happy for a little at least.

But yeah, you gotta love gigs. Whats great about them is when the artist plays a song, and its absolutely your favourite song in the world, and you know that if you were to play if to your friends they'd listen, maybe call it pretty, but not realy care. But at a gig, theres a good chance that most of the audience would agree with you.

Heh, excuse me, I'm all excited....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home