Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Dun dun dun dun Christmas!

Ah, I love christmas, I really do. Even the family arguments, which, this year, centred around me. See, I was right- the rules of the game clearly said something. However, everyone else in the family decided that, in fact, they did not say this. And so I showed them the rules, and read the rules to them, and explained it several times. And got shouted at repeatedly. Until finally everyone agreed with me. Heh, if only I was always that right......

The oddest christmas present has to be the shopping voucher. I mean, its fine as a gift, theres nothing with giving money. Its just this idea that a ten pound shopping voucher is somehow more personal than 10 pounds in cash. I guess its more effort, but in effect you are forcing someone to spend in a particular shop. How is that personal or better? But whatever, tis still money so its good.

This is probably the last time I eat meat for a long time. A lot of people are being heavily supportive to my, lets be fair, very difficult move into becoming a vegetarian. I won't last a few months, apparently. Some are having bets on how long I will last. Well let me make it clear now. I make no claims that I will succesfully always avoid meat. The point of this move is to avoid meat as much as possible, and I will always do my best. It does not mean I will fail.

One thing I'm probably going to fail at is going swimming. I really need to. It'd be nice to be more fit than I am; I am deeply, deeply unfit, and that is not good. But I am also deeply, deeply lazy, so we shall see which force triumphs here. If I can get into a schedule, I can succeed. But we shall see. We shall see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home