Monday, December 20, 2004

Back home

Well I'm back in old SW. After a suprisingly enjoyable evening of LOTR, I headed off, tired and cold, to the station, dragging my incredibly heavy baggage with me, where I had packed pretty much every single item of clothing I could fit in there.

It was bloody freezing on the way down, and it was quite a walk, but I imagined it, using my super strength and super.... walking.... abilities, reaching the station safely. Unfortunately, no amusing anecdotes came out of the journey back home, so I am sorry to disappoint you on that front.

Um, yeah, I got home fine, was exhausted and went down the pub (but of course!) where merriment was had by all concerned.

So yeah, the LOTR evening. Having stocked up heavily on snacks and beer, I went about consuming both with gay abandon. We also had a drinking game going- whenever we saw Sauron's eye, whenever Sam and Frodo did anything particularly gay, and whenever Pippin made us laugh (it does happen sometimes.... I didn't think that was a particularly good one to be honest, but whatever.)

I have to say, I felt quite ill at points, thanks to the sheer volume of food I managed to consume. I still didn't eat it all, but thats partially because I was offered food by others. I still managed to... sorry I am just editing this now and have forgotten what I still managed to do.

Watching LOTR apparently warps some peoples minds. Half way Ben turned to me and said

"Kieran, wouldn't a pidgeon be corrupted by the rings powers?"

That caused me quite the burst of hysterics. So yeah, it was quite a good evening actually.

2 Comments:

At 7:54 pm, Blogger Ben said...

I'm back too! Woo!

 
At 3:46 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

no amusing anecdotes? Story of your life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home