Wednesday, December 08, 2004

This is me revising

Its uncannily like someone writing a post on his blog, isn't it? Uncanny.....

To be fair, I am taking a break after a lot of revision today, as my arms hurt- I had to carry 24 bottles of beer to Alex's house from sainsburys (5-10 minute walk), in preperation for his super awesome party on friday. I should actually know a significant percentage of people there, which will be nice, although its entirely possible I won't know their names......

Another exciting day today- revision and politics, a heady mix. Another link for ya http://www.olympicwatch.org/eu_china_arms_trade.php petition your ministers to keep the arms embargo against china going. The chinese government has a list of human rights abuses as long as, well, China, and there is absolutely NO reason to give them arms other than money. And that should not be driving ethical policies.

I also went to a debate on whether it was possible to eat meat and be an environmentalist. I thought I was going to be speaking for the motion, but luckily it was more informal than that. Unfortunately, the arguments presented that I need to move towards at least reducing my meat intake. Which means, if I want to have nice meals in the future, I am going to have to learn how to cook. Tragedy of tragedies! The effort involved... it really doesn't bear thinking about. I guess I will be being more nutritional, which is good. If it wasn't for my large fruit intake I would be screwed.

I went to see the doctor today. I have an ingrown toenail, and I'm unfit. Thats why me knee is messed up. I have to build up my muscles by going swimming. Argh, horror of horrors, I have learned that to be ethical I need to reduce my meat intake, and to avoid unecessary pain, I am going to have to exercise! Could my life get any worse? Well, yes, yes it could, easily. But lets pretend it couldn't.



6 Comments:

At 10:15 pm, Blogger Ben said...

Didn't Paul say he was gonna play squash? I wanna play squash :( or tennis or badminton. They're all good, but squash is slightly more dangerous than the other 2 so probably my least favourite.

 
At 4:21 pm, Blogger Imperium child said...

Hahahahahaha. I offerred and offered and offered you to play squash and did you accept? no. You said there was nothing wrong with your kind of lifestyule and that walking all day was enough, but, as I am trying my hardest not to rub this in, sorry man it obviously wasnt enough. Join us for a game kieran? Monday is when we play. Get better soon kieran, <- me being mister serious.

 
At 10:48 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im sorry, how do you spell mock?

 
At 10:57 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. I've been following some links from other blogger's and have now found the abode to which you crrently reside. I have been reading some of your most recent blogs and, whilst witty and possibly raises some interesting points, Im afraid to say that I am in fact dissapointed in the way that you are ignoring some very current and powerful questions. What are your views on aliens? You certainly cannot deny that the govt are holding alien spacecraft. And are you for or against witchcraft? my blogspot is at "www.resolasikreadbackwards.blogspot.com".

 
At 11:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

K, read the comments on pauls last post! Im mr anonymous!

 
At 11:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

K, read the comments on pauls last post! Im mr anonymous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home