Sunday, December 05, 2004

something deep, interesting, and yet hilariously funny

Just imagine it. Then read whatever the hell I'm about to right.

Another tantalisingly unexciting weekend, I am afraid to report- I saw Richard III yesterday, but the only reason I have that to report today is because I forgot to report it yesterday. The film- not on stage. The Ian McKellen version. Good stuff though, very enjoyable- I have never seen or read Richard III before, so it was a pleasure to see such a great actor as sir Ian (hes knighted, right?), perform it. The 1930s setting is odd, but works rather well (although the Nazi allusions are a little trite, to be honest). I'd reccomend it though- its quite short, for those with a fear of films beyond the allowed hour and a half limit.

I'm currently reading No Logo. I know, I know, I suck.... waiting 'til now to read it. But what you gonna do? As I said I've only become so politically active recently, so I have a lot of catching up to do. I'm a fast reader though, so it should not pose a collosal problem. Of course, buying all these books will take a lot of money, so I must rely on libraries for my left wing propoganda. Its good stuff though- a solution to the normal bile and nonsense spouted from media outlets. I'm not saying i necessarily agree with all the points, but they make you think. If I had time I would read books from the right too- as long as its a well written, careful argument, I'm always willing to consider it.

But time is money, or rather, less time playing GTA, so I must prioritise in the things I have to do. Sigh, apparently I'm travelling home by train this christmas, which means no playstation. Well, no playstation if I want clothes to wear. Hmm, clothes vs playstation.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home