Saturday, December 04, 2004

Ben rules

check out www.weallloveexcelsaga.blogspot.com for Ben's new blog. He has got Excel saga the Imperfect collection, which promotes him to the status of total legend instantly.

I am still living the crazy life, as always. I watched the Man Who Wasn't There on thursday night, a Coen brothers film about this guy who, well, everything goes wrong for. Its a really good film, I would reccomend watching it. Its more serious than the other Coen brother films I've seen, although it does have moments of pure hilarity to it. Billy Bob Thorton puts in a great performance as the shy, retreated main character, who, as all films like this should have it, is very intruiging. The story is told very much from his perspective, with narrative, in the style of older films- the film is done in black and white, and set in the early 50s, with all the hang ups of that time (Thornton's wife commenting that she "doesn't like wogs" at one point). So yeah, go watch.

Yesterday, upon travelling back from happy hour (where I was made most happy. And drunk.) I decided that I couldn't be bothered to stand on the 18 bus, and would wait for the next one. Sensible, I thought. I had had three pints, of course, and my bladder was beginning to complain, but I was sure I would be fine. Then, pleasingly, a 418 bus arrived. Hoorah, I thought, a bus straight to oldfield park- I won't have to walk the rest of the way. So I got in, my bladder beginning to shout at me, and rode.

The bus reached town and just..... stopped. For ten fricking minutes I sat there, waiting for it to move, until I finally leapt out of the bus to the near by McDonalds. Where the sodding toilet was shut. I eventually found some convinient bushes, but honestly. I hate the damn buses.

Fred managed to spill beer over me at the start of our night out, damn his black hide. But he bought me a new pint, and I stole his crisps. And his chips. Paul was very mean, hiding his chips from me, the proffesional chip stealer. I had to beg for chips damnit, beg! And I only got one. What is the world coming to?

1 Comments:

At 3:54 pm, Blogger Ben said...

I agree that I am a legend and the collection is awesome. Be sure to check my blog later for a full review!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home