Thursday, March 17, 2005

tomorrows kid, an unsightly coward

Just listening to the Eels....

Yeah, haven't posted for two days. There are some reasons for that. Yesterday I went out for an Indian then drink, and on tuesday I was revising.

The revising turned out to be a waste of time. I spent a fair bit of time preparing for the class test, not really knowing what would be on it. We turned up early for the exam, came in... and were told mathematicians had to go to another room. Fine. We went to the other room where the exam had already started! Fine. I sat and got to work. It wasn't too hard, the questions were pretty damn basic, apart from 4, which involved the solution to a paradox. I could sort of remember the answer to it, but not really. It was worth 4 marks out of 10, which was a bit of a blow. Never mind. I sat back and looked around absently, waiting for the exam to end. Hmm.....

Someone has their notes out! On the table! And they were just looking at them! It was an OPEN BOOK TEST! My god physicists get it easy! Well, I guess theres no worry about cheating as with the ability to access notes theres pratically no chance of dropping any marks! And this is an assessed test!Fer crying out loud. I know I shouldn't be complaining, but I feel like it cheapens the whole thing....


The meal on wednesday was great- there were 9 of us, all taking advantage of the "meal for 5 pounds" offer that the Times were doing and Ben had collected. We gave an appalling tip though. i had barely any change so ended up tipping about 50p, but our final tip came to about 1 pound, so I'm pretty sure several people underpaid.... but whatever.

I've been going to this fun little site www.okcupid.com for a while, which I discovered when I wanted to do some trivia tests. To record my scores, I signed up to it. Now ok cupid is actually a dating service, and it works out who you match up to by looking at your answers to tests etc. Now one of my highest matches (at 79%) is bloodangel. Now, if you look down, one of the things she's good at is "being anorexic". Although apparently "I'm anorexic but at the moment I'm having a bad period and have eaten"..... An anoerexic.... poser? Thanks OK cupid I'm glad you matched me up with someone who proudly proclaims to be anorexic. Isn't that a bad thing? Who says proudly they are addicted to heroin, or are incredibly obese? I'm not saying people who have these things are bad people, but being PROUD of it? That freaks me out. Big time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home