Monday, March 07, 2005

fame and fortune

I can't see the point in fame. At least, not major fame. I mean, it'd be nice to be recognised by certain circles, but generally not the tabloid kind of fame that so many clamour for. I dunno, I guess its one route to not having to do anything other than earn money by acting like a complete moron on some obscure digital channel, but I think I can do without that kind. At least, I don't crave a life of luxury enough to make a complete fool out of myself.

Added to the fact, of course, that you get intrustion from these utterly horrible magazines like Heat. Urgh, thats a sickening publication, it really is. I don't want to poke into peoples lives like that, and I really don't think its in the public interest to spy on Jade. Call me crazy.......

Fortune though, I get fortune. Getting a fairly large sum of money would be great, although I suspect I would be happy to stop. You have these very rich people who work very hard to get even richer. Why? Once you've earned your first billion, what could you possibly need? Ideally, I'd like enough to live a reasonable life of luxury for the rest of my life and any more I would give to charity.

I dunno, I guess I'm a lazy, laid back kind of guy, who can't understand driven people's urges, but hey.

Talking about the media (kinda), it annoys me about the way the media reports science. Scientific studies should not be taken on their own. Proper, peer reviewed studies rarely come to the sweeping conclusions they are reported in papers to come to, but then you never see those. The whole autism MMR thing is a classic example. The results came from a study of 12 people. Thats pathetic. Drawing conclusions from such a small sample is never a good idea. One can say that there might be evidence to suggest carrying out a larger study, but thats it. But the media hypes it up, and scientists' reputation gets hurt in the furore. There should really be more regulation on the way these things are done, but meh. If only I ruled the world eh?

3 Comments:

At 11:45 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im so sorry - you said you DIDN'T want to act like a moron?! confusion ensues!

 
At 10:59 am, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the useful post. But I usually use this app http://copy9.com/hidden-call-recorder/ cuz I can hardly imagine themselves without smartphone.

 
At 3:47 pm, Blogger Amy Grun said...

Nice topic to think over. I don't think that fame is good for person. You might have lots of problems as being famous. You can pick up this or search some other topic for your essay which you can order on https://thepaperwriting.com/coursework-writing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home