Thursday, March 03, 2005

Missed a day

Of blogging. Shocking I know, but I'm just softening you up for this weekend when... well actually I will have access to the internet this weekend, and little else to do, so I guess I'll be blogging more than ever. So I wasn't really softening you up, I was just lazy.

To be fair, I was quite busy yesterday. Work work work filled my time schedule for at least several hours, and then I had to play on Baldur's Gate 2 AND watch Godfather part 3. Which I think is unfairly mocked. I mean, its not as good, certainly- the subtleties of the last films are replaced with flashbacks and characters basically explaining whats going on. At one point, a character narrates what is about to happen, when it is patently obvious. However, its still a solidly told tale, and well directed to, that manages to grip, for all the loss of subtlety of the former films.

Uh, but yeah, it was enjoyable, and it let me eat my last bag of popcorn, a sad yet joyous occasion.

I got dissed on sonic 2. Yanni completed Sonic 2 (which I have done many a time) but also got all the emeralds, which I never did. To be fair, she did it using a cheat code so she could do one emerald stage after the other, but I feel bad. I will have to do it, but I intend to wait until I attain the Sonic Mega Collection, cause it might unlock special stuff. Or so I hope.

God I love sonic. In Game the other day, some kid was pointing at it and saying "aww, thats just old sucky sonic games!" I almost snapped the little brats neck. How dare he speak ill of one of the best games ever? Gamers today don't know quality, and wouldn't know it if it slapped them in the face repeatedly and beat them. I don't play that many games, but I still consider myself a gamer- I was there, I played the classics, I was scared by Doom, I was awed by Populous.... Damn those young uns. Same kind of scum who think the Star Wars prequels are better than the originals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home