Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Buying presents

Had to get something for Ella today. I always find shopping for people very........ 've mentioned this, so I'll stop.

but I did make her a mix cd (I'm giving it to her tonight and the odds are that she won't check this before then, but if she does... surprise!), which is always fun. Mix cds are tricky things to make- you have to be sure that the person you are giving the cd to will like that track: as much as you love that 20 minute existential track about God it may not be quite suitable for the cd.

Then of course there is the order. Bizzarely, I always find that commercial mix cds aren't very good at this. I mean, its not easy, but if you have time to listen an album through, surely you can tell how good the transitions are? But meh, whatever, I'm hardly an expert myself. My classic "songs for the dumped" cd ends two tracks too late, which is never good.

Hmm, I really have absolutely nothing much to do here. Its so damn good. I'm thinking I might go through my notes and get an understanding of my subject, but I'm also thinking that if I don't do that, I can watch a hell of a lot of films. Heh heh.

My great aunt Peggy is coming to stay for a week, which is going to be annoying. She is not an easy person to live with, and I doubt she will approve of my irregular hours. Or long hair for that matter. Also I shall have to stop myself swearing. I do it naturally now, without even thinking, but I don't think its a good plan at all to do it when an elderly relative is staying. Just gotta learn some self control.....

1 Comments:

At 10:07 pm, Blogger Complex said...

Wow, you know, I have real trouble with ordering the tracks on my CDs. I find the process of choosing the songs much easier. Although often the problem I have with the order is getting it so that people are pulled in enough by the anthems that they will listen to the ones I like too...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home