Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Getting kicked in the balls

Just watched Taxi Driver. Then got kicked in the nuts. I have to say, I much prefered watching Taxi Driver.

That is a great film. 's basically a character study of a very odd new york cab driver. Its quite a hard film to describe, but Robert De Niro's performance is awesome- the man does deserve his status as one of the best actors of all time, despite his recent string of... less good films (what was that one film about that miracle worker and a cloning called again??). And the direction is amazing. I don't really have the language to describe it, but the shots are stunning. My only critisism is that the music is sometimes a little repetitive, a flaw in many older films I find. Its not too bad really, but at the start I found it positively annoying at points. I think it also becomes an issue because there is often no dialogue, so the music becomes more pronounced.

But yeah, that was very enjoyable, and I got to see it on our nice big tv, which is all the better. I didn't even have to beg.... much. Afterwards I decided, foolishly, to tickle Paul's feet. To which his instant reaction was to swing and kick me in the testicles. I really did not enjoy that experience. Its an odd pain, I must admit, a unique pain the body saves for the extra special occasions on which it really, really wants to remind you that doing something like that is NOT a good idea. I really wish pain came in another format though. Like a polite message saying "please don't do that again". That'd be great, wouldn't it? I mean, in battle, if someone blew your leg off, if you just got a little ringing noise telling you that you were in a spot of bother, then you could happily carry your leg back to the medical tent.....

Can't see any problem with that.

2 Comments:

At 9:47 am, Blogger Imperium child said...

Yeah, sorry about that one k. It was just a reaction. Hope they aren't bruised or anything, get Jo to check.

 
At 12:45 am, Blogger Ben said...

Damn it! Why do miss the best bits :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home