Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Amnesty part 2:the die in

I was dead today. And my was it fun. It kicked off a little late, and I was lucky enough to not be picked as one of the initial corpses. When I say lucky everyone volunteered. So less lucky, more of a bastard. But instead I did vitally important things, like fixing the cameras and campaigning. I'm pretty sure I got several people to come to the stall who wouldn't have, although I suspect I might have driven away a few who would have........ nah, they wouldn't have gone anyway. There were a few people who seemed to actually be happy with the arms industry the way it is, and there were the lazy ones who go "I've just got to do something and then I'll be right back...." and never returned.

Soon it neared one thirty, and I was feeling vaguely smug that I wasn't being a corpse. So, of course, I got roped into being a corpse at that point. Sigh. My back still aches, and in the lecture following I couldn't write for a while because my arm had gone dead! Still, all in a good cause. All in all we got 217 people to sign up for the petition, which is awesome. If you want to sign up for the petition yourself please go to www.controlarms.org . They can give you far more info than I can, but bear in mind this is a treaty to limit arms sales, not to stop them completely. Merely to stop corrupt dictatorships, like Iraq's back in the 80s getting weapons from western nations. So yeah, sign up- what harm can it do? If its difficult to upload a photo you can draw a picture.

Oh, and remember www.thehungersite.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home