Sunday, October 24, 2004

Avoiding work

The internet is a wondefful way to do this, although to be honest in the line of duty of avoiding work, going downstairs to get a drink and getting distracted by the question of just how many blades of grass there are in the garden is often quite effective too.

Today I've been using the wonderful resource of www.homestarunner.com whuch everyone should check out, especially the strong bad emails. Learn of trogdors majesty! I also discovered a cute little puzzle http://www.fasco-csc.com/ you have to escape a room in each one. They're really, really hard, but persevere and you will feel good. Well, apart from the blue room. That kinda sucks.

So as you can tell, its been a fun filled, packed day for me. Apparently though I have spread my illness to my flatmates, which is great because misery loves company. I think its the freshes fault you know. Last year there was virtually no illness and suddenly the whole year is bad off. Some contagious fresher has been spreading his disease! Sickening.

Our showers not fixed. We don't actually have much hot water at all now, not even for washing up. Today I had a bath. In water so shallow that it couldn't cover my toes. Barely wetted them. Instead I reluctantly put my head under the freezing cold shower head. Urgh.

Hmm, American elections are looming close, and worryingly Bush is winning. Have a large proportion of Americans had a collective lobotomy? How can anyone favour Bush.... unless they run a large multinational, that is. Sigh, sometimes the world is so depressing. Don't get me started on our lot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home