Monday, October 25, 2004

INTERNET!!!

Finally, our router arrived and with it, my opportunity to spend long evenings doing nothing but chatting online. Which everyone needs. Everyone. Why have a real social life when you can have a virtual one? It is significantly cheaper.

Of course, because its me, the installation of the router could hardly be smooth. I was informed that I would need to enter a 12 digit code to connect. Which is insane. I copied it down, and headed upstairs. No only did I have to write out the password, for some annoying reason it asked for it twice! So double the chance for a mistake. Which of course I made first time round.

Finally getting it right, I was then connected to the network.... apart from I didn't recieve anything. I couldn't get into the internet. I nearly cried. I reinstalled the driver, fiddled with settings, read through trouble setter, headed downstairs to see if my card was too short range.... Where I discovered that I had, in fact, entered my password in wrong. Thing is, is it does not tell you that you got the password wrong. It just ignores you! Fred, who was almost promoted to godlike flatmate for a while, almost sinks to loserish flatmate again for not mentioning this to me. So much heartbreak, so much agony....

But I have the internet now so... yay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home