Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Buffy!

Just been watching nothing but it recently. I watched series 6 in four days, and now series 7 has arrived. Jesus, Series 6 is depressing. I know that was their intention, but they really went for it. Every single relationship, every single one, ends with a considerable amount of pain. According to their words, series 7 is more upbeat. I don't particularly remember that, but I could be wrong....

Thing is, despite series 6 being the most depressing series of the lot, ts also really very funny. I mean, it includes the Musical episode, which is so incredibly good, that i really puts most British output to shame. The yanks really do have it in terms of new drama (yeah, I'm calling Buffy drama. I went there), with things like the awesome Six Feet Under (which you really should watch, because its so good), the ludicrous 24, and the apparently good Sopranos (which I really should be watching). Not to mention the tried and tested classic, ER.

Heh, I was gonna talk about very specific things from Buffy, but I chose not to, so as to not exclude the parts of the audience who don't care about it, or who for some reason have not got round to watching season 6 and don't want spoilers to the many, many shocks that the season throws at you. So you don't get that.

Hmm, my stomach bug appears to have cleared, which is good as, as I have mentioned, I intend to spend the whole of friday in the tem (the local wetherspoons, for the layman), where apparently we will be mixing shots. Yes, someone had the bright idea of mixing two different drinks together into a double. Which you would drink straight. I think I might be resisting that notion, because it sounds disgusting, not to mention suicidal....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home