Friday, April 01, 2005

Aquamontologist

Hmm, blogger told me "There were errors" last publish. How uninformative. Errors of what kind? I can only assume it means while posting, and not just errors somewhere along the way sometime, and it felt the need to inform me.

Anyhow. As you might be able to tell from my slightly insane subject title for this post, I couldn't get to sleep last night. My body clock is a sly son of a bitch. Its very easy to set it later. I can easily just stay up til about 4, and then go to bed, get up late, and do the same the next day and be fine. Setting it earlier is much, much harder. I can be as tired as I like, I can have drunk a bit, but if I try to go to sleep earlier (worse, if go to sleep early with some kind of deadline to get up for the next day), then I am NOT getting to sleep. Nope, I have to wait until 4. Or, usually, it likes to take its revenge by making me have to wait LONGER, and even then have restless sleep. As a result I have been stiff all day, but meh.

ANYWAY, when I have a lack of sleep, I have time to think, and I come up with my best ideas. Like the Aquamontologist. I have decided that later in life, when it gets to the point when I have to go to those awkward parties (So, what do you do?) when asked as to my career, I will respond as to Aquamontologist. If pressed for details, I will explain that it involves highly scientific calculations while underwater. If fully pressed, I might admit that it has something to do with the moon. If pressed so hard my eyes bleed, I might go as far as talking about Aquamontologisitics, the study of Aquamontologists, and suggest they take it up. Making them an Aquamontologisticist. Which would be pretty awesome.

Actually, I might introduce myself as one of those. Anyhow, this is why I should never be allowed time to think....

1 Comments:

At 6:06 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What I find helpful, Mr K, is to grab a hot cup of Horlicks and read. This of course comes from a woman who gets on average, 4-5 hours of sleep a night. But hey, its an insult to the book if you put it down before its ready to go to bed, right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home