Friday, April 01, 2005

The most dastardly conspiracy ever conceived

Recently my kindly grandparents gave me a cheque for a whole one hundred pounds. Money beyond my wildest dreams indeed, and, more importantly, enough to pay for my excesses this Easter as long as I didn't buy anything.

But apparently, someone got word that I might actually balance the books this month. And so they hatched a dastardly plot. Knowing that I would soon be travelling to Cambridge, they placed DVDs and cds they knew I could not refuse! I was first taken in by Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Now I've always loved a bit of Buffy- I think its great stuff, but per season you are talking about an 80 pound cost to buy one. And thats just plain stupid. But lo and behold, I wonder into fop to discover that, for some inexplicable reason, they were charging 30 POUNDS A SEASON! Thats a 50 pound reduction! Bear in mind it costs 40 pounds to buy the damn thing off EBAY! So I of course HAD to get one season (I picked season 6. I know some people hate it, but at least it doesn't have the despicable Angel). And then there were some quality cds at low low prices, so I HAD to get those. Having spent all this money, I decided that I would buy no more.

So we went into Game, and I looked through the pre-owned games. They had Ico. Unbelievable! That game is SO hard to buy- honestly, I have been searching for a long time to find it for sale. And there it was, 15 pounds, sitting in Game! So I had to buy that too. So yeah, budget balancing is over rated anyhow.

2 Comments:

At 5:59 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Mr K, I feel your pain. I am like that in my favorite bookstore, or any music store. I float around for hours..and I mean, hours. Then leave with my, quite respectable, treasure of knowledge and soul searching varieties of word and song. Heaven, is a bookstore.

 
At 4:00 pm, Blogger Mr K said...

Heh, damn right, but the kind of bookstore where they don't glare at you for reading the books.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home