Thursday, March 31, 2005

tv- going downhill?

I say no. I mean, theres a lot of shite. Lets not deny that, there are hideous amounts of reality tv shows, and just some of the most banal television you can imagine. But there are still a lot of good shows being made. A lot of them are American import dramas, but if you search the channels you can find some gems. The only problem is is that they're better hidden. With more channels, they can sneak the good shows into the oddest time slots on the oddest, weirdest channels, making them difficult to ferret out. But it is possible.

Nah, the problem is is that it could be much better. Over the past 4 decades there has been some amazing tv made. Brilliant dramas, sitcoms, documentaries. It would be enitrely possible for me to turn on the tv every day and see something new and brilliant from the last 40 years. But instead I see Are you being Served. Its just not good enough! I was promised anything I wanted to watch, any time, when the adverts for digital first came out. Instead I get endless repeats of Everyone Loves Raymond!

It shouldn't be so hard to show good tv. I can't believe more people want to watch everyone loves raymond than spaced, and if they do, they should probably be shot. That could be some kind of test about fitness to live, in my new perfect world. It would be a smaller world, granted, but a happy one. Just fans of good tv.... aw, it'd be glorious.

I think within every soft hearted liberal theres a psychotic dictator waiting to happen.

2 Comments:

At 12:53 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

TV today is much like an African Safari .. you have to hunt down the good stuff, and avoid whats most present and least desirable. Of course there is also the chance you are hunted, and are trapped into watching Everyone Loves Raymond. Torture my dear, pure animalistic torture.

 
At 1:10 am, Blogger Mr K said...

Ok Ms K, You intrigue me. I must know your identity! Its my fault for allowing anonymous blogging, perhaps, but I cannot narrow down who you might be. Or whom. Hmm, a grammatical dilemma.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home