Saturday, January 01, 2005

New year

Yeaaah. Its the new year now, so merry new year. Of course, this happy time is also tinged with sadness. The legendary Guided By Voices played their very last gig in Chicago, to bring in the new year. Yes, after about 20 years of making songs, it finally comes to an end. If you've never heard them, check 'em out at www.gbv.com (yeah, a 3 letter address. Thats hip stuff). They rock, and will always rock!

Went to Amanda's new years party last night, which rocked most mightily, and I drunk most heavily. I can remember most of the night though, which is an achievement for me, the king of memory loss. Actually, its entirely possible that I've forgotten an hour so and don't know because, well, I can't remember.

So yeah, its a new year, and other than eating this lamb thats being cooked for me (my grandparents are here.....) I'm a vegetarian. Properly. Scary shit, scary shit.

Well, I wonder how this year will go for me. To be honest, 2004 wasn't a great year for me, as I had the pain of the relationship with Amanda kind of falling to pieces. But there were good moments, especially last semester where I made lots of new friends, and became politically active. Its nice to have a purpose. But yeah, I'm optimistic about 2005. With my characteristic charm, the ladies will worship the very space that I walk. And hopefully me too. I wish you all the best of luck for the new year.


Of course, as some have pointed out, it is rather silly to split our lives into these artificial barriers. And while certainly the coming of a new year is hardly the most significant event,I do feel its a little significant. About 4, I'd say. After all, its one of the few times of the year where you can drunkenly sing auld lang syne and not get odd looks. The other time of the year being... uh.. ok its the only time of the year when you can do it. And if thats not worth something, I don't know what is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home