Thursday, September 09, 2004

"We're Off"

Aww Ranma, you have pleased me. I have completed both Ranma (reading it), and MGS2 (replaying it). MGS2 has such a poor ending.... the cliffhanger from MGS1 was cool, this one is just plain stupid. Again, I don't wanna spoil it, but the plot just goes silly towards the end.

While Ranma's ending... well actually I would have liked it to be a bit loner, but it was very good, and quite touching. So I can't complain. Well I can. And I have. But not much.

I did one of these test the nation things the other day- on musical knowledge. I didn't score well (37/70, oh the shame!) but I did get to watch an hour and a half program to answer questions that take about 15 minutes to do. Honestly, I don't think I'll be doing them anymore- theyre frankly tiresome and long winded, AND hosted by Anne Robinson. Is there a soul in the country who actually likes her? Well, obviously at BBC there is as she keeps getting put on these kind of awful programs. I wouldn't be surprised if she was on the national lottery. Not that I've ever watched it. If I feel the need to get rid of a pound I'll give it to a charity. Its easy to prove the national lottery is a waste of time, just by considering whether you'd pick your numbers as "1,2,3,4,5,6". Probably not. Yet they are equally likely to come up as any other combination.

Gambling is a con. Otherwise they wouldn't make profit, would they? Its a nice idea that you could make a profit out of it, but you CAN'T. Same with insurance actually. Insurance companies couldn't exist if insurance was good value for money. If, proportionally, the money going into the insurance companies equalled the money coming out, which is what would be happening if insurance was worth it, then insurance companies wouldn't exist. But they do. Odd that.....

People don't really get probability. As a mathematician I have a fairly good understanding of it. In fact, theres a reasonable chance I'll end up working in it, ironically. *shudder*.

Of course, I don't know what I want to do with my life- not many mathematicians I know do. So far, as a I know a lot of my friends have done, I've just been avoiding commiting to any set cause in life- I hate the idea that at age 19, perhaps a quarter into my life, I should have planned my cause for the rest of it. That doesn't sound mature to me- that sounds stupid. Of course I will change, and change my mind about what I want to do. I shall do my best to work out what that is before I settle firmly on any particular course. Or at least, thats what I claim. Most of the time I spend simply not thinking about it.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home