Tuesday, September 07, 2004

heh, hallucinating

The autocomplete came up while I was deciding on this title, suggesting that I call it "Big Cook little Cock DVD".

Unfortunately, I have never written that, although I wish I had. My sister did.

Well, more accurately my sister wrote "Big cook little cook DVD". But its much funnier with the late night craziness. Whats big cook little cook, you ask? Why, its a childrens program on BBC. Thats really quite poor. But amusing in its poorness.

Anyways. Went to see Hellboy today. Its...another super hero film. Theres some good characters, but, you know, I think I'm almost burnt out on the whole super hero front. There is a limit to it. I think hollywood is really getting carried away with it. I mean, super heroes are mindless fun but you can't just keep making them and keep thinking we'll go. Some new ideas would be pleasent.

The best film I've seen recently, other than the motorcycle diaries would be the Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. I loved that film, this is the best Charlie Kaufman penned film I've ever seen, and certainly the best Jim Carrey, although I don't like him when hes not acting (ie, in most of his roles apart from the Truman show). Its a brilliant look at love and memories, and the genius of the concept, the idea that you learn of this character only through the way another character perceives her is.... remarkable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home