Thursday, August 26, 2004

partee

Went to a party last night, which I always enjoy. Parties all hinge on about 2 hours into them. Up to that point everything should be a tiny bit awkward and odd, and then, suddenly, it all kicks off and you enjoy yourselves immensly. It might have something to do with alchohol settling in, but I like to believe its caused entirely by magic.

Of course, the low part of the party used to be the alchohol running out, but I find that as a student that never happens, because all students prepare for that eventuality, and bring collosal amounts of alchohol. Apart from me, because, well, I tend to walk to them so I don't wanna carry that much. I bring a small supply and rely on the kindness, and by kindness, I mean stupidity of others, who for some reason put their alchohol on the kitchen table- some kind of sharing ethic apparently, I don't subscribe to it. Actually, girls bring lots of alchohol too. Because I always start on beer, then when that runs out, I go to the spirits and wine, and men ALWAYS bring beer. Its not even that men outnumbered women at this party- they didn't.

Of course, the low point of this party was probably my ex-girlfriend being there, which was a tad awkward. We're both very, very mature though, so clearly it wasn't a problem. She was just irritatingly happy, thats all. I mean, ok, I enjoyed myself too, but there were moments of sadness. She had far too much of a good time.

but I'm happy for her. As long as she doesn't find someone else before I do....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home