Wednesday, August 25, 2004

compilation cd

I am a fan of indie music. The Eels, the Supernaturals, Catatonia, the Breeders, early Weezer (green album and maladroit are painful, but pinkerton is one of the greatest albums ever). Of course, one of the great things about a lot of indie music, is a huge amount of it is a failure to get love. Almost exclusively it focuses on the negative aspects of love, probably to cheer up its target audience, who are all virgins.

Well, ok, thats a little unfair. I mean I'm not a virgin, but I'm sure thats more by fluke than any kind of innate success with women, but we shall see.

Anyway, thats hardly my point. The point is, I've wanted to make a compilation album entitled "songs for the dumped", inspired by the Ben Folds song of a similar name for ages, but I felt it inappropriate while in a relationship. But now I'm not. I dunno about you guys, but compilation albums are considerable fun. To make, I mean. Run of the mill, compilation albums you buy in a shop have at least 5 songs that suck, and are only worth buying to copy the songs onto your hard drive then make your own compilation cd using them.

The thing is aobut compilation cds, is you can get your most favourite songs in the whole world, and put them onto one cd. I know that seems obvious, but its damn cool. Its also much easier than the old days when you had to use a tape and a considerable amount of patience. I say old days meaning 5 years ago, of course, which is practically prehistoric.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home