Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Metal Gear Solid 2.

I, having a lack of things to do right now, have been playing it again. I now remember why I prefered it to MGS1. First of all, the cut scenes really are too long, 15 minutes at one point in which the most I could do nothing but zoom in heads. Second of all, a ludicrous, really stupid plot. Honestly, I can accept a character who can dodge bullets, but... well I don't wanna spoil it for those who still haven't played it, but there are some really, really stupid twists in this game.

Add to that the water section. Water is what put me off Tomb Raider. The sections are never fun. I hate doing things to a time limit in a game, so when you throw in awful controls, which ALWAYS hamper every single game with swimming in, you get a painful gaming experience. And MGS2 loves it so much it throws in fricking mines in the middle of it all! where the hell did they come from, you might ask? Well.... no-one knows.

And of course theres the bits where you both go to nano communication. More secure, apparently. Theres only one small problem with that.... YOU HAVE TO TALK TO USE NANO COMMUNICATION... you'll have people right next to each other doing it. Its really quite silly.

Sigh, but its something to do. I'm also reading the Ranma mangas. In case you haven't heard of it, Ranma is a Japenese cartoon, both in manga (comic) and anime (tv program) form, about a martial artist who gets turned into a girl when water hits him. And hes engaged to like, 5 people. Its all amusing stuff- the mangas get very funny past a point, I'd probably reccomend them over the anime. The anime is a good way to start yourself into the entire world of anime though.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home