Wednesday, September 15, 2004

royal rumble

Urgh, wouldn't it be plain awful if the terrorists attacked a royal? I mean first of all, any loss of life is horrifying, of course, but second of all.... the country was pathetically morbid for ages after Diana tragically died, I can only imagine what the death of a royal would do. Probably lose Labour the election if it could be shown it was their fault.

Of course, a guy dressed as batman... and a guy wearing a turban are two completely different things, but maybe the palace security could be a little higher. Although you have to be amused that people are blaming this on David Blunkett. I am no fan of the man- I do not like the too harsh immigration laws and the knee jerk policy making, but, to be fair, the guy is currently-

A-dealing with immigration- a tabloid buzzword
B-Dealing with crime- an everyone buzzword
C-Fighting against terrorism- not even a buzzword- far too important for that.

So he's quite busy dealing with actual threats on the country, and oh, surprise, he makes a mistake and misses this one thing. I guess you could say its vital, but then you're imagining the royals perform a function over here other than to spend money and attract tourists. I'm not exactly anti-royalist in that its more trouble than its worth to be rid of em, but I'm hardly pro, I must admit.

Honestly though, theres still bombs going off in Iraq, and people starving in the Sudan... and this is what they ask about in parliament.... but those are things happening elswhere, I guess, and people who aren't British don't count when they die.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home