Thursday, September 16, 2004

Hattrick

Ahhh, you gotta love www.hattrick.org. Its a sort of fantasy football game, you can look me up "paulmademedoit", an English team, top of my league (although its the bottom league... I only joined a while back). Now don't get me wrong- I hate football. Hate playing it, hate watching it, I find it a dull game and find the nations obsession with it tiresome. But... this is fun. It takes a while to get into mind- you need to read the guides to work out whats what, and set up your team appropriately, but once you've done the major setting up you don't have to fiddle that much and you can watch your team excel. My team is currently unbeaten this season. i'm hoping for promotion, although I don't know how I'll fare once I'm up a notch... probably go straight back down again I suspect.

I've been playing through FF9 again. Man thats a mean game. Most FF's, if you take your time before each sectio of story, levelling up and everything, it makes your life easy, which is always pleasent, and means you have less work to do before you get to the bit just before the final boss where you stroll around in an airship. However, in FF9 its like it punishes you for doing well. Honestly, the bad guys, if anything, are meaner, and use attacks I didn't get to see until I was level 30 when I played through the first time. I reckon Square just decided to f*ck with people on this one. Its a good game though, a better plot than MGs2, but that wouldn't be hard, would it?

One of these days I'll have a new game to talk about. Then excitement will be had.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home