Tuesday, September 05, 2006

YWM

I got happy slapped getting off the train from Brighton (it occurs to me this is yet another anecdote from Brighton. I'm pretty sure it's the last one though). Some 17 year old male, in a party of about 10 loud mouthed louts, ran past and slapped me round the side of the head, causing a fair amount of pain. I chose not to react, as I was about to get off the train, and there were 10 of them and one of me. Still, it makes me a little annoyed. I hate large groups of men like that- boozed up or not, they get worse the more of them there are, as not only do they feel invincible, but they enjoy impressing each other with their acts of anti-social behaviour. Such actions are incomprehensible to me... why cause pain to a random stranger who has done nothing to you?

This is probably not a new phenomenom, and it's one I've complained about it before, but I really do hate the lad culture. Yes, a group of 10 drunken females of the same age can be quite as frustrating, but they are far less likely to attempt to pick a fight with you, and for that they must be given according kudos. I'm not entirely sure what is to be done about such groups of men, other than to smugly smile to oneself and remember that while their lives have a ticket to nowheresville, I get to enjoy things in life they shall never appreciate because whatever intellect they have is entirely wasted. It's not enough compensation fo course, ideally one needs to be in a position where one can hire and fire them. That'd be fun.....

4 Comments:

At 3:33 pm, Blogger Alice said...

Clever and sympathetic people have tried to explain this element of society by saying they are disenfranchised, politically 'fallen through the net', and they don't know what to do to get off their arses and learn how to behave. I generally feel scared by kids on street corners, because they look at you to check out if you're one of them or not. I think I look older than them now so they don't bother so much, but that wasn't always the case. I've always had a slight dawky look, (in their opinion) so I instantly attracted that kind of bad behaviour. The fact is while I don't believe in writing people off, those young men were clearly mindless, and intimidated by you because they wouldn't have the first idea about how to actually communicate with you. They did it because ultimately, you're better than them. Streets ahead in fact. :o)

 
At 3:50 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lets not judge em! Maybe it's a constructive phase!

And also, have you not seen groups of young girls now?! Genuinely I think that they're worse than lads! They're worse cos they know that no-one's gonna do anything cos they're girls!

 
At 5:43 pm, Blogger Alice said...

Hehe! yeah I actually meant both boys and girls in that comment. I'm not judgeing them as individuals, rather the mindset they parade around with when they're in large groups. :o)

 
At 6:01 pm, Blogger Ben said...

What if you could just fire at them with a gun. I'd like that :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home