Monday, September 04, 2006

99 Monster

Another quick anecdote from Brighton. I, having decided to holiday at a seaside resort, decided I wanted some ice cream. Unfortunately a quick search of Brighton seemed to show that the only readily available ice cream was that nasty 99 stuff, while I really wanted proper scoops.

Disappointed, I endevaoured not to have anything, even reprimanding my friend Toby for buying something completely unnecessary. But while he was queueing, I got to thinking that maybe it was a little sad that I wasn't having any ice cream at all... if I was not having nice ice cream, I might as well have some. So I decided to have a cone.... but then I thought I might as well have a flake, so decided on a 99. And then I saw.... the 99 monster. Only 25 pence more, curiosity got the better of me, and I plumped... for this.....



Needless to say, I did not manage to eat all of this, although I did get about half... I also ate the two flakes attatched to it. Seriously though, I'm not sure who would want that much ice cream (although, upon seeing it, both Fred and Toby bought one....)

3 Comments:

At 12:21 am, Blogger Ben said...

Don't forget that guy at the stand, you trend-setter you!

 
At 5:46 pm, Blogger Alice said...

Buuurp! did you get it on your Tshirt again Kieran? :o)

 
At 9:54 pm, Blogger cait said...

you know, I don't really understand the portion discrepencies between Canada and England, b/c that looks like a fairly reasonably-sized ice cream cone to me...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home